Are you thinking about buying a home? Reservoir Hill Improvement Council (RHIC) offers housing counseling for first-time home buyers. Attend a Home Buyer Workshop to learn the basics of purchasing a home – we cover everything from budgeting and affordability to mortgages and real estate contracts. After attending the workshop, schedule a one-on-one appointment with our Housing Counselor to discuss the specifics of your situation. Together you can review (and improve) your credit, set financial goals, calculate your buying power, and discuss what mortgage products are right for you.
Completion of housing counseling is a requirement for most city and state down payment incentive programs.
The Home Buyer Workshop schedule for 2013 is as follows:
All workshops are from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and are held in Reservoir Hill at the RHIC office at 2001 Park Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21217. The workshops are free, but advance registration is required. Contact Carl Cleary at 410.225.7547 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Why use a housing counselor?
The housing counselor represents the interests of you, the buyer. Unlike the seller, lender, and real estate agent, the housing counselor has no financial stake in your decision to buy a home, or how much you spend on a home.
A housing counselor can help you with the following:
· Provide an overall view of the home buying process and help you determine where you are in the process.
· Help you obtain and analyze your credit report, and assist in correcting any trouble areas.
· Provide information on the advantages and responsibilities of home ownership.
· Help you determine how much house you can afford.
· Provide guidance on selecting and working with a real estate agent.
· Help you understand a sales contract.
· Help you decide what type of mortgage loan is best for you.
· Help you prepare for a loan application.
If you’d like to work on repairing your credit, or learn more about financial management, RHIC is here to help.
Learn money-saving tips that will help you reach your financial goals.
Reservoir Hill Improvement Council